Christmas Quiz 2014
1. What name do we give to the 24th December?
2. What name do we give to the 25th December?
3. What name do we give to the 26th December?
4. A Christmas religious song is called a Christmas - - - - - .
5. The answer to question 4 is also the title of a famous book about Christmas by Charles - - - - - - - .
6. In Britain and the USA people usually eat roast - - - - - - on Christmas Day.
7. After the meat course people eat a dessert called Christmas - - - - - - - .
8. We send Christmas - - - - - to all our friends, neighbours and colleagues.
9. At 3 pm on Christmas Day the - - - - - speaks to the British nation and the Commonwealth.
10. What name do we give to the 31st December?
11. What name do we give to the 1st January?
12. What is the New Year celebration called in Scotland?
13. Who wrote the traditional poem Auld Lang Syne, which is sung to welcome the New Year?
14. Which famous children's book opens with the words, "Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents"?
15. A special carol service takes place on Christmas Eve at King's College in - - - - - - - - - , UK.
16. Who says, "Ho, ho, ho!" at the beginning of every sentence?
17. What will probably happen if you stand or sit under the mistletoe [vischio] ?
18. Can you complete this song line? "We - - - - you a merry Christmas, we - - - - you a merry Christmas..."
19. Mince - - - - are traditional Christmas sweet pastries.
20. New Year's - - - - - - - - - - - are promises that we often break.
Please highlight the space below to see the quiz answers:
1. Christmas Eve 2. Christmas Day 3. Boxing Day 4. carol 5. Dickens 6. turkey 7. pudding 8. cards 9. Queen 10. New Year's Eve 11. New Year's Day 12. Hogmanay 13. Robert Burns 14. Little Women 15. Cambridge 16. Father Christmas / Santa Claus 17. Someone will kiss you! 18. wish 19. pies 20. resolutions